Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sequoia - The small behind the biggies.




If I’m not mistaken many of you out there reading this article belongs to generation Y.
Some might even be geeks.
Well that’s only for confirmation.
Let’s start
There are something’s which you could know…
But for everything else there is Google.
That’s very true!
Everyday we use Google at least once a day.
On my personal side it’s uncountable.
And all those guys doing freelancing work.
I know you must be complaining,
but PayPal is your best pal.
I can’t remember any of the instances when my friends would have missed any latest videos or to that matter MMS.
Just because of their one very loyal and helpful friend named YOUTUBE.
LinkedIn, the current heartthrob.
The first of its kind, a business oriented social networking site which people mainly use for professional networking.
Coming next Electronic Art.
Which many of us would recognize as EA Sports.
The company that puts us into Schumacher’s shoes.
Yes, I’m talking about NFS (Need for Speed).
Apple Inc., it might sound like a fruit company,
But today I will be on the wrong side.
If I say so.
With a revenue of US$ 43 billion.
It’s a company worth mentioning.
Moving from technology.
What comes to my mind is our very own CCD.
Yes Café Coffee Day.
The favorite place for couple’s day out.
Because a lot can happen over coffee.
But why am I mentioning all this company together after all they all are big brands on their own.
Today our life would have been so void without them.
There is something which connects them.
A name which 97% of the people have never heard.
A name that is behind more than hundred companies in this world.
A name which I think, now you would love to know.
Sequoia Capital, the venture capital firm founded by Don Valentine.
Which provided the seed capital to many small companies which are now not so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment